|2018 Award Recipient
|Previous Rick Shutes Award for Legislative Advocacy Recipients
Mark Bishop, PT, PhD
|2016 Lauren Pacho, PT, DPT, CSCS
2014 Debra Stern PT, DPT, MSM, DBA
2013 Christ Mulvey PT, DPT
2012 Lindsay Perry PT, DPT, NCS
2012 Gary Gorniak, PT
2011 Eric Chaconas, PT
2010 Tom Fischer, PT
2002 Mark Stoff PT, MEd
2002 Lisa Farrell PT, PhD, ATC
1997 Trudy Forbush
1996 Catherine Page PT, MPH, PhD
The purpose of this award is to recognize a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant who has provided exceptional service in governmental advocacy on behalf of FPTA.
Any physical therapist or physical therapist assistant who is a member of FPTA.
Criteria for Selection
Service contributions should be of exceptional value to the FPTA:
- Evidence of significant contributions to state legislative advocacy efforts by increasing grassroots participation, FPT-PAC fundraising, and/or other activities directly and positively impacting these efforts.
- Evidence of leadership in state advocacy and a role model for members.
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient at the FPTA Annual Conference Honors and Awards ceremony.
The following documents will be required for submission:
- A letter of nomination specifically focused on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 2 pages.
- One letter of support from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed 2 pages each.
- Curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee.
Submit a Nomination
The deadline for Nominations is July 26, 2019. Submit your nominations via email to Michelle Higdon at email@example.com.