|2019 Legacy Award Recipient
||Previous Legacy Award Recipients
Shelia Nicholson, PT, DPT, JD, MBA, MA
2018 Cheryl Hill, PT, DPT, PhD
2017 Catherine Patla, PT, DHSc, MTC, OCS
2016 Gary Walters, PT
2015 Stephen Levine PT, DPT, MSHA, FAPTA, RP
2014 Carol Clayton, PT, PhD
2013 Sandra Riegor, PT
2012 Bruce Anderson, PT
2011 Sandy Davis, PT
To acknowledge and honor an individual who has made a lasting and meaningful impact to the FPTA.
- Any physical therapist or physical therapist assistant who has been a member of APTA for at least 20 years
- FPTA member for a minimum of 10 years
- Be willing to provide the Keynote Speech at the FPTA Honors and Awards ceremony
- Current FPTA Board of Directors members are not eligible to be nominated for this award
Criteria for Selection
Service contributions by nominee:
- Will forever effect the Association
- Represent a watershed moment for the Association
What Recipients Receive
The recipient will present the Keynote Speech and receive an award at the FPTA Annual Conference Honors and Awards ceremony.
The following documents will be required for submission:
- A letter of nomination specifically focused on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages.
- 3 letters of support from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed 2 pages each.
- Curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee
Submit a Nomination
The deadline for Nominations is July 27, 2020. Submit your nominations via email to Michelle Higdon at firstname.lastname@example.org.