2020 Award Recipients
*This is a new Award, and the first (2) winners will be selected at the 2020 FPTA Annual Conference!
The purpose of this award is to recognize a Physical Therapist and a Physical Therapist Assistant who exudes outstanding clinical practice.
• The physical therapist and physical therapist assistant will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience
• The physical therapist and physical therapist assistant will be members of the FPTA for at least 2 years.
• The physical therapist and physical therapist assistant will be a credentialed clinical instructor and participate in educating one or more students per year.
• The physical therapist and physical therapist assistant will participate in community and charity events/volunteer activities with a minimum of 8 hours per year.
• The physical therapist and physical therapist assistant will demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and evidenced based practice through continuing education greater than the 24 hours required per licensure period, Post–professional residency, Post-professional degrees, Post-professional certifications or specialization – board certification.
Criteria for Selection
Nominees must have demonstrated:
• Exceptional clinical and mentoring skills.
• Excellence as a clinical instructor and be a role model for students and peers.
• Professional commitment to physical therapy through community activities
• Post professional commitment to life long learning in the quest towards excellence.
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient at the FPTA Annual Conference Honors and Awards ceremony.
The following documents will be required for submission:
• A letter of nomination specifically focused on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria, not to exceed 3 pages.
• Two letters of support from individuals who can specifically address one or more of the criteria for selection, not to exceed 2 pages each. One of the letters of recommendation should come from a patient who has received care from the individual. The patient should be instructed NOT to divulge any protected healthcare information.
• Curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee.
• Evidence of post professional continuing education, certifications or specializations
Submit a Nomination