|2018 Award Recipient
|FPTA Emerging Leader Award Recipients
CariAnn Litz PT, DPT
2017 Paula Shulthiess, PT, DPT
2016 Leiselle Pilgrim, PT, DPT, MPH
To identify and honor one physical therapist (PT) and one physical therapist assistant (PTA) Florida Physical therapy Association (FPTA) member who demonstrates extraordinary service early in his or her physical therapy careers. These individuals should have made exceptional overall accomplishments and contributions to the FPTA and the physical therapy profession to advance FPTA’s vision of improving the health, wellness and quality of life of people in Florida by advancing physical therapist practice.
- The nominee must be a current PT/PTA member of APTA/FPTA for at least 2 years (including student membership) and no more than 5 years from formal graduation from an accredited PT/PTA program.
- The nominee must have current or prior service on one or more appointed or elected groups at the component or national level.
- One PT and one PTA FPTA member may be awarded annually using the procedures detailed below. The following information must be included in the nomination packet.
- A nomination letter detailing the nominee’s contributions, including the following:
- Examples of demonstrated service to the Association, component, or physical therapy profession.
- Explanation of the potential for future contributions to FPTA/APTA and the physical therapy profession.
- Examples of how the nominee has advanced activities at the component level.
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee.
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient at the FPTA Annual Conference Honors and Awards ceremony.
Submit a Nomination
The deadline for Nominations is July 26, 2019. Submit your nominations via email to Michelle Higdon at firstname.lastname@example.org.