FPTA Accepting Applications for APTA Centennial Scholars
Wednesday, June 10, 2020
The APTA Centennial Scholars program is a new and exciting opportunity by APTA to invest in building future association leaders. FPTA is excited to help engage and empower the next generation of association members by selecting a PT or PTA to participate in this program.
Outlined below is the information regarding the application process created by FPTA leadership. Please be sure you are familiar with the information provided by the APTA regarding the program.
FPTA leadership will be reviewing the applications and utilizing an objective rubric. The candidate(s) with the highest score will be selected to serve in this program.
Individual(s) selected will be notified by August 1st.
•PT/PTA member in good standing for at least 2 years without membership lapse.
•Have not held an FPTA Board of Directors position for more than 2 terms.
•Ability and signed commitment to attend all meetings and events of the scholarship program.
•APTA/FPTA membership number
Criteria for Selection
Contributions and service to the association:
- Description of active involvement in APTA/FPTA taskforces, work groups and special interest groups including roles and contributions to the team mission.
- Description of active involvement in component leadership roles.
The following documents will be required:
- (2) copies of current curriculum vitae, one blind copy without name.
- A support statement of 500 words or less outlining why you are the best candidate for the scholarship and your goals related to FPTA/APTA leadership:
- Please include answers around the following questions: Why are you the best candidate for the scholarship? What are your goals related to FPTA/APTA leadership? How will you utilize the information and contacts attained to help further the association. Please also include capstone project ideas, framework and/or relevance.
- (2) letters of recommendation, not to exceed one page, 12-pt font, obtained from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s leadership skills and potential. One of which must be from a PT or PTA.
- Signed form of commitment to attend all meetings and events of the APTA Centennial Scholars Program.
Submit your Application
Completed applications must be submitted in their entirety to Michelle Higdon at email@example.com. Deadline for FPTA applications is July 10th, 2020. Please download the Commitment to Attend form and submit along with application.