Research Grant - Call for Proposals
The amount of the FCCE Research Grant is $1,000.
Any Florida clinical or academic educator who is a member of the FPTA. The grant will be awarded only once every three years to the same individual. If the applicant is from an academic institution, the research proposal must include a component of collaboration with clinical instructors. The applicant must also be a licensed physical therapist, or physical therapist assistant, in the state of Florida and certified as a CI by the FPTA/APTA. The research must be conducted in Florida.
The research must further the knowledge base for clinical education in Florida.
Each proposal must include the following (length recommendations in parentheses):
- Title page (title, name of investigator(s), address, phone, email of principal investigator, and APTA membership numbers of applicants)
- Abstract (one page)
- Significance Section (describing significance of the study to the PT profession in terms of the Guide to Practice in 2 pages)
- Background Section with literature review relevant to the study (3 pages)
- Subjects, Methods, Data Analysis Sections (3-4 pages)
- Statement of protection of rights of human subjects (sample consent form must be included and Institutional Review Board documentation if available)
- Time Table Section for completion of project stages (award will be made at the Fall FPTA conference)
- A plan for dissemination of results of the study (i.e., manuscript submission to peer-reviewed journals, presentation at a national/state conference, etc.).
- Detailed Budget Section
- Appendices (as needed to strengthen the proposal)
- CV for each investigator (2 pages/investigator)--submitted as separate documents from the proposal
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE: Two electronic copies of the proposal need to be submitted. The title page of one copy of the proposal must have the title of the proposal only. This will allow for masked review of the proposal. The title page of the second copy must include all the information in #1 above.
Send proposals to Martha Bloyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Two electronic copies of the proposal must be received no later than July 1 of the year of application.
Members of the FCCE Research Committee will receive a masked copy of all proposals. Scoring will be based on significance of the study to physical therapy clinical education, quality of the research design, potential for successful completion, and appropriateness of budget.
Reviewers will independently score each proposal. The chairperson of the FCCE Research Committee will tally the scores and advise the FCCE Executive Committee and the FPTA Board of Directors of the Committee’s selection for the award. Each reviewer will also make recommendations for improvement of each proposal during their reviews. This evaluative information will be provided to all investigators.
The recipient of this award:
- Will acknowledge FCCE support on all publications and presentations derived from this study
- Will present the results of the study to the FCCE within 1 year of completion of the research
- Provide a yearly progress report to the FCCE Research Committee by the anniversary date of the grant if the proposed work continues for more than one year.