|2018 Award Recipient
|FPTA Award for Excellence in Academic Teaching Recipients
Morey Kolber, PT, PhD
|2017 Gloria Miller, PT, PhD
2016 Jennifer Tucker, PT, DPT, PCS
2015 Mark Bishop, PT, PhD
The purpose of this award is to acknowledge and honor an educator for excellence in academic teaching.
- Any physical therapist or physical therapist assistant FPTA member who has been actively engaged in teaching of PT and/or PTA students in formal education for at least 5 years.
- Nominees must be academic educators and have a faculty appointment of any rank.
- Fifty percent or more of their teaching must occur in an academic setting with at least 1 CAPTE-accredited PT or PTA programs, or advanced level programs for PTs (i.e. residency/fellowship).
- Current FPTA Board of Directors members are not eligible for this award.
- Teaching solely as a component of continuing education does not constitute eligibility for this award.
Criteria for Selection
Nominees must have demonstrated:
- Exceptional teaching effectiveness in an academic setting.
- Excellence as a role model for academic teaching for students, faculty, and clinicians.
- Distinct expertise in at least 1 subject area to which the teaching has been directed.
What Recipients Receive
An award will be presented to the recipient at the FPTA Annual Conference Honors and Awards ceremony.
The following documents will be required for submission:
- A letter of nomination from an FPTA member not to exceed 3 pages specifically focused on the strengths of the nominee in relation to the award criteria.
- One letter of support not to exceed 2 pages from a colleague from the nominee’s academic institution.
- One letter of support not to exceed 2 pages from a current or former student who completed at least one entire course taught by the nominee.
- Curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee.
Submit a Nomination
The deadline for Nominations is July 26, 2019. Submit your nominations via email to Michelle Higdon at email@example.com.