You are cordially invited to participate in a videoconference meeting of the Florida Consortium of Clinical Educators (FCCE)
Friday, January 24
Start at 1:00 PM
Videoconference - Multiple Locations
Kim B. Smith
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Attention Clinical Instructors and CCCEs!
Come join us and share your ideas/views about the clinical education of PTs and PTAs!
The FCCE meets two to three times per year for collaboration and networking between academic and clinical partners to discuss topics of interest in PT/PTA Clinical Education.
We will be offering a 2-hour CEH at this meeting. Please plan to attend for any or all the meeting, (note you must be present during the presentation to qualify for the CEHs!).
- 1:00-1:15 Welcome/Introductions
- 1:15-2:45 Business Meeting
- 2:45-3:00 Break (bring your own snack)
- 3:00-5:00 CEH Presentation:Topic: Professional Socialization: Transition from the Classroom Setting to the Clinical Environment. Speaker: Anna Katerina Tischenko, PhD, PT
There is opportunity for everyone to participate as videoconferencing of the meeting is in several locations.
The following NSU campuses will serve as host sites and the respective contact person is listed if you have questions related to your particular site. Please visit www.nova.edu/locations/maps/index.html for directions to the following NSU videoconference sites:
Additional non-NSU locations are listed as follows. *Pending Verification*
- Gainesville, FL
- Tallahassee, FL
Why Should I as a CCCE or CI Actively Participate in the FCCE?
Here’s what you get, all for only 3 days a year:
- Current events in clinical education
- Continuing education hours for supervising students implemented by FCCE
- Role in decision making regarding clinical education at a local, state, and national level
- Opportunity to trouble shoot about clinical education issues
- Current on pending changes in clinical education at a local, state, and national level
- Professional development
- Networking about clinical education issues with colleagues
- Professional development of and preparedness for your CCCE/CI skills
- Mentorship available
- University relations
- Recruitment of students as future employees
- Increased visibility of your clinical facility
- Serve as a liaison between clinical education and your administration
- Funding available
- For scholarships and/or research from FCCE
- Research opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in clinical education research
- Efficiency in clinical education
- Ideas to improve efficiency and productivity using within your clinical education program
If not currently, a member join become a member online at: http://www.fpta.org/?page=FCCEJoinToday.
Dues are $20/year or $40/2 years and registered members have voting privileges. Please share this opportunity with your staff who serve as CIs to become a voice in the discussion of issues affecting physical therapy clinical education in the state of Florida.