About the Meeting
What's that, you say, earn an hour of continuing education AND participate in a wine and cheese tasting event? Yes, please!
The Northern District is pairing CEs with wine and cheese. One price gets you into both events. Please Note: You must be 21 or older to taste the wine, all ages can enjoy the cheese!
Come out and enjoy a night of learning, networking, and delicious wine and cheese - all while supporting physical therapy practice advocacy in Florida.
Earn one hour of live continuing education towards 2019 PT and PTA license renewal.
Remote Attendance Available
Remote attendance for the live continuing education course "Know Pain or No Gain" is available via the Zoom application or platform on the Internet. You will need a computer or the Zoom app to access the presentation.
|5:00 - 6:00
||Know Pain or No Gain
|| Mark Bishop, PT, PhD
|6:00 - 8:00
||Wine & Cheese Tasting Event
PT/PTA Early Bird (ends 10/4/19): $50
Students Early Bird (ends 10/4/19) $30
*Proceeds to benefit FPTA Advocacy efforts. Thank you for your support!
Know Pain or No Gain
By the end of this lecture, the learner will be able to:
• Describe the basic physiological underpinnings of the pain experience
• Differentiate between nociception and pain
• Recall and implement new taxonomy for describing the pain experience
• Discuss factors that influence pain behaviors
• Describe methods for assessing modifiable factors that influence pain behaviors
• Plan intervention strategies that ameliorate these factors
Back to top